Awesome RECIPES that are frankly deli-licious!
Tired of the same old chicken and beef dishes? Want a change of taste from the usual pizza, pasta, and burger dinners? Here’s some comfort food recipes you and the kids will love — made all the more delicious with National Deli hot dogs. Try one of these easy to prepare recipes tonight. They’re great for informal parties with friends, too!!!
Grilled Premium Beef Franks with Smoked Bacon and Avocado Salsa
8 to 10 servings
- 1 pound hot dogs
- Small diced bacon, fully cooked and rendered
- Small diced avocado, held in lemon water
- Small diced roasted red pepper
- Bias cut green onions
- Minced garlic
- Fresh chop basil
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Rice wine vinegar
- A shake of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients and let it sit for 1 hour.
Grill hot dogs and serve dressing on the side or on top.
Garlic Mojo Dogs
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- TOTAL COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, diced
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled cored pineapple
-1 pound of hot dogs
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add next 4 ingredients; bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Season mojo sauce to taste with coarse salt and pepper.
- Arrange buns on plates. Top each with lettuce, grilled hot dog, avocado, mojo sauce, and pineapple. Serve with remaining mojo.
Pasta, Hot Dog, and Bean Ragout
- PREP TIME: 26 minutes
- TOTAL COOKING TIME: 41 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound ground beef (15 percent fat)
- 3 hot dogs, casings removed
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice with garlic, oregano, and basil
- 2 14-ounce cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup small elbow macaroni
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Additional grated Romano cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 6 minutes. Add beef and hot dogs and sauté until brown, breaking up meats with back of fork, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, beans, 1 cup basil, oregano, and dried crushed red pepper. Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to bite, about 15 more minutes. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Mix in 1/3 cup cheese and remaining 1/2 cup basil. Season ragout with salt and pepper; ladle into bowls. Serve, passing additional cheese separately.